Monday 7 April 2014

Petite Outfit Idea #4: Mint Summer Chic (Smart Casual/Date)

Boo!

How was everyone's weekend? It was a bit gloomy wasn't it? I swear it was sleeting a bit as well...I thought it was supposed to be Spring...

With 'supposed to be Spring' in mind I have a rather more Summer appropriate outfit for you guys today. I'm so impatient for Summer to arrive that I'm just dressing for it ;p

Petite Outfit Ideas: Mint Summer Outfit || Life as a Petite

Petite Outfit Ideas: Mint Summer Outfit || Life as a Petite
Links to websites are below :)

 My new favourite colour is mint. I know it seems to be everybody's at the moment, but there is something about it that is so refreshing, clean and lovely! So I was on a hunt for mint-y coloured items suitable for summer when I found this beauty on Asos. They were having a petite sale (got to love sales) and I managed to bag this beauty for £13. I thought to myself, I'm loving mint at the moment, I want a summer dress, this is on sale, so why not! I actually bought this in a size 4 at first but found it too large, so returned it and got a size 2, which fits nicely :)

I'm not really sure whether I suit mint...it was a bit of an impulse buy so I might regret it later, but for now, it's my favourite dress!

The colour in real life is much darker than the one shown on Asos, well darker than I'd expected anyway. In a way I was a little disappointed with how much mintier the colour was, but am now in love with it. It's just such a versatile dress - you can dress it up down and style it however you want. And the bow at the back is just so cute!

Petite Outfit Ideas: Petite Asos Dress || Life as a PetitePetite Outfit Ideas: Petite Asos Dress || Life as a Petite
My jacket is from a while back actually, so I had to google where it was from because my label had rubbed off haha. I'm pretty sure it's from George and is from their previously 'perfectly petite' collection. Supermarket clothes in my opinion are actually getting better and I've also seen a few bloggers purchasing a few bits and bobs from them as well. So if you're every in Tesco, Asda etc I'd definitely recommend having a little browse, you never know what treasures you could find :)

My shoes are my suede Truffle heels from Amazon, as seen from my petite outfit post here. You don't have to wear heels, I just wanted to look taller for the occasion haha. Flat sandals would go perfectly as well I think. 

Cami Swing Dress: Asos // Here
Jacket: George (Asda)
Shoes: Amazon
Necklace: H.Samuel

I hope you liked this outfit. Are you loving the mint trend at the moment? If not, which colours are you liking this Spring (or Summer;p) - would love to hear from you all :)

Have a great week, take care and speak soon!


You can also find me on these:

69 comments:

  1. I adore mint and all these beautiful bright spring colours out at the moment! That dress looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Spring colours just get me into the mood of summer, and also to cheer up these really dull days in the uk ahah x

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit - the colors are beautiful!

    Dhruvi
    Stilettos & Sequins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much both for you comment and also for passing by my blog, i really appreciate it! x

      Delete
  3. thank you my lovely! Your blog is incredible! thank you so so much for taking time to look at my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress so elegant!

    > ❀ floriebunda

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute and very sexy!
    Keep it up girl!
    Follow (if u like): www.theforeignergirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the outfit!
    xxxx,
    Sophia from DailyCityGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is absolutely gorgeous! you look great in it :)

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison, that's very kind of you to say so! x

      Delete
  8. I love this dress! gorgeous. xx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent spring dress gorgeous, love it!! Kisses xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely slip dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour of that dress! It looks lovely on you! please check out my blog http://www.lilysbeautyroom.blogspot.co.uk/ and maybe comment!
    thankyou xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit and color! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colour...such a simple dress but so pretty! Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit, that's a great color! I need to get a mint colored dress :)

    http://wanderlustandmemoirs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Doo it's such a gorgeous buy :D x

      Delete
  15. Hello! I just nominated you for a Very Inspiring Blog Award! Check out my latest post for the details! :)

    http://mallorie1126.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love mint too, it's such a lovely color for spring and summer. Gorgeous dress!

    New post
    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely! I love how mint goes well with nude heels!


    www.cookiesandperfection.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/cookiesandperfection

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this dress and the back looks so pretty! :)
    -Ru
    LOVESICKLILAC
    [If you would like to show support by following each other, let me know? :)]

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's such a pretty dress color!
    xo, Connie
    www.connnietang.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This dress is so beautiful and i love the colour!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please stop posting these shoes. There gorgeous and you are making me want to spend money. Another beautiful outfit. Clare xx

    www.onestopsavvy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that dynamic colour! The little tie at the back is really cute too.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love mint too, such a cheery spring colour :) This dress is so pretty!

    http://melly-go-round.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. that suchs a lovely dress and whatsmore the colour is just the cutest
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the dress! The color and style is just p e r f e c t for summer! ♥

    http://e-rosales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Literally love this dress, absolutely stunning colour! I've actually been after one like this for a while :-) xxx

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly! Hope you did a cheeky shop hehe :p xxx

      Delete
  27. Wow that dress looks so cool! And your shoes look amazing as well!
    Random Brilliance With Me

    ReplyDelete
  28. That dress is so cute. I would love to wear it! Would you like to follow each other over google friend connect and bloglovin? If this has any interest please let me know!

    Would you mind visiting my blog and se if it's something for you? I recently started writing in English!
    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's so cute and gorgeous. I'm in love with the colour! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute dress!! Will look so lovely during the summer months!
    Fab post :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're so beautiful, I love your hair and clothes!
    I would like to invite you to my first giveaway. <3 <3

    http://eeverywomen.blogspot.sk/2014/05/50-asos-gift-card.html


    kiss xxoxoxx
    B'Mia

    PS: I followed you,hope you too <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. I adore the mint color too!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  33. These photographs are gorgeous. Love the mint. Glad to follow you now :)
    xoxo
    New Post On Guiltybytes.come

    ReplyDelete
  34. great dress!
    i love the color!
    i feel you, sometimes i dress
    too summer-ish too
    although it's still a bit chili :)
    xoxo Rose
    Bogibo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! And that is so so true :) x

      Delete
  35. Hey!!cool blog! I'm having a give away on my blog in collaboration with Malibu Rum if you want to win some goodies please go to www.chanelly-chanelly.blogspot.com thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...