Sunday 12 April 2015

Festival Essentials

Boo!

So it's quite Coachella mad at the moment, and with the festival season coming up I thought I would share with you my Festival Essentials.

Outfits
  • Bardot Top: River Island - In my last outfit post (HERE) I mentioned my new found love for bardot styled clothes, so it is no surprise that I have included it here. Any kind of cropped/lace/flowy top is perfect for these kind of events. 
  • Plaid ShirtPull & Bear - Sleeveless Check Shirt - I'm not 100% sure why, but whenever I think of festivals, fringe of course comes up, but also plaid/checked tops. As it will probably be quite hot especially from all the dancing, a sleeveless plaid shirt can be an alternative. 
  • ShortsForever 21 - Southwestern Print Shorts - Shorts are a must at festivals, no question about it. I wouldn't advice going for anything white or pale in colour though, unless you don't mind them getting dirty. Cleaning mud off is such a pain, I have tried it before, and even after several washes, it still wouldn't come off! But then again I didn't treat it straightaway... Anyway, I thought these printed shorts were perfect for the festival season. It is flowy and comes in such a fun and vibrant pattern.
  • KimonoNew Look - Chiffon Aztec Print Kimono - You never know when the weather will take a turn for the worst, so having a long sleeved top, whether it is a hoodie or cardi is always a safe option. This kimono not only has a funky print and will keep you warm, but won't take up too much carrying space. 
  • Lace Shift Dress: Boohoo - Fiona Open Shoulder Lace Woven Shift Dress - If you don't fancy wearing trousers or shorts, another alternative is wearing dresses. I know I mentioned above that you shouldn't wear white, but I do love the design of this Shift Dress by Boohoo. The lace and cut out detailing is perfect for festivals. Also, they actually do this in black so that could remove the worry about it getting dirty.
  • BootsMissguided - Spur Strap Cowboy Boots - I would say boots are a safe bet to wear at festivals, your toes will be safe and also they're going to provide more comfort than flip flops. I wouldn't wear your best pair though as they're most likely going to get ruined really quickly. I love these Missguided boots as the buckle detailing for some reason shouts out festival to me. 
  • Gladiator SandalsDeichmann - Sandals are perfect summer wear and you see them worn a lot at festivals. I would definitely advise investing in some good ones though. Although Primark do some amazing sandal offers, I'm not sure they could withstand endless dancing, or at least your feet will probably end up being quite sore. So getting some sandals that have good support, and also not crazily embellished, is a must, because the gems will probably fall off, and even if not, most likely ruined. 
  • WelliesJoules - Especially in the UK, I would say wellies are a must. They're easy to clean and also just very practical. Again I would highly recommend not wearing your favourite wellies (if you have more than one pair!) because things can get a little muddy very quickly haha. 

 Accessories
  • Floppy HatAsos - Straw Floppy Hat With Coin Trim - The weather is probably going to be pretty decent so you want to wear a hat. Not going to lie, this floppy hat isn't the most practical as it'll probably get knocked off and you might get some angry looks from others if it starts poking others in the eye. But, still it will look awesome! The coin detailing is so pretty and gets you in the festival vibe. 
  • SunglassesAsos - Metal Round Sunglasses - Next, sunnies. These definitely are a must have. You can select the funkiest looking sunnies such as these Asos ones, but they must have UV protection. 
  • Tassel BackpackEbay - As I mentioned above, festivals scream out fringes/tassels, so even if you're not usually a fan, accessorising with this bag will get you into the festival spirit. A bag is a must have to carry all your essentials. I would definitely recommend getting a bag with a zipper though, you don't want things to fall out/easily stolen. 
  • Purse BeltNew Look - Purse Belt - I would say this is a safer alternative to the backpack, and this New Look one doesn't look too ridiculous.
  • NecklaceOasis - Chain And Cord Statement Necklace - If you're wearing a plain white top, or any plain top a statement necklace like this one is a perfect way to style up your outfit. Choosing bright bold or earthy colours would definitely go well in a festival environment. I wouldn't go with something too chunky though, as if you're jumping and dancing around, the last thing you want is to have a black eye caused by your necklace :p
  • Personalised Phone CaseWrappz - Fashion is a fantastic way in showcasing your own personality and individuality, but what about other accessories such as phone cases? Wrappz is an online shop providing personalised phone cases for all kinds of smartphones including HTC, IPhones, Samsungs and Sony Phones. The website is very user friendly and so simple to use. You have the option of personalising your phone case either with text, a single photo or create a collage. You have the option of selecting images from your own photo library, social media platforms or from their own artist gallery if you are stuck on what design to select. The great thing about Wrappz is that the personalisation does not just stop at phone cases, you can also personalise aprons, cushions, wall art and jigsaws, just to name a couple of things. So, if you're feeling creative and would like to design your own thing, whether it be a phone case or glass cutting board, Wrappz have offered all my readers 20% off, using the code "FBFAN20", on any of their products click here. So, why not get into the festival spirit with a festival/music inspired personalised phone case?
  • Collapsible Beer CupRed5 - Pocket Pint - This final thing isn't technically an essential, but I thought it was so fun! These collapsible cups save up so much space, and hopefully will reduce the litter around!

 Practical
These next items are obvious essentials but often forgotten.

  • Cash
  • PonchoBoutique Camping - Red Retro Arcade - Especially UK festivals you never know when it'll pour, and I thought this was quite a cool poncho:p
  • Tissues
  • External Battery ChargerAmazon - After taking advice from a friend, I bought this external battery, and I have got to say it has been life changing! Okay, that is a total exaggeration but it has been so useful! Realising that you've only got 5% battery and still need to get home using Citymapper (which is an app I think everyone needs to download!) is also really sad. So, an external battery is a must have in every day life. But especially at festivals if you want to take pictures and want your phone to last. The reason why I got this one was, not only because it wasn't too ridiculously priced, but also that it has a torch. which might be quite useful when you're out camping. But then again you'd probably bring a better torch :p Either way it's good to have that option :)
  • Hand Sanitiser
  • Suncream
  • Camping equipment

I hope you enjoyed this post! What are your festival essentials? Are you going to any festivals this year?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :) Take care and speak soon!


Bloglovin' || Twitter || Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
Disclosure: I will receive a £20 voucher from Wrappz to review one of their products in a separate post. All opinions stated in this blogpost are my own :)

55 comments:

  1. The weather has been so great the past little bit.... it's exciting that gladiator sandals and floppy summer hats are right in front of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mellissa Williams12 April 2015 at 13:49

    I love the lace shift dress and the tassel backpack. Tassels are in this season. Great idea to pack a floppy hat too to protect you from the sun. www.thediaryofajewellerylover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tassel backpack is so gorgeous, especially the deep brown/tan colour to it - it has really caught my eye and mainly because I've been bombarded with Coachella photos today haha!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think that a white, open shoulder lace dress is something I am investing in for festival season this year. They are doing the rounds but they are oh-so easy to wear & style up!
    Bee xxx
    Queenbeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your practical picks and I've certainly got my eye on that backpack - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress so much, perfect for summer :3 And the bag is so pretty >w<

    http://worldismagiiic.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Flat boots are definitely my go-to for festival footwear, they're stylish AND practical. Certainly no heels on the festival field for me...

    Milly // www.mini-adventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These looks are perfect, I need to go to a music festival

    xo

    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I love the Bohoo dress and the tassel backpack. Have a great week ahead!


    Jasmine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, helpful tips and lovely picks, Isabella. I don't do flats, they make my back hurt, anyway for me it's always cowboy boots for a festival, they fo with everything and most important totally comfy and practical. What will fluffy Alfie wear to a festival I am wondering ;)
    kisses and cuddles
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a huge fan of your blog, so when I had to think of ten blogs to nominate for the Liebster award you were one of the first to bring to mind! http://surreyvslondon.me/2015/04/13/ive-been-nominated-for-the-liebster-award/ . Thanks again for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Enjoy the day, sweetie!!

    Mary | Please, join my International dress Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great essentials. My biggest essential is baby wipes. They always come in handy to clean your hands and stuff. Also a torch. I work many festivals and it is hard to find your way back to your tent when it is so dark.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coachella Mad is right! I love the Kimono!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the lace shift dress.. and the accessories too. very well put together and great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. simple but still trendy is the key of it's fashion.
    thank you for the recommendation to us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Agreed to your list of essentials! Most of them are on my list too!! That Fringe bag is something I've been looking out for a long time now.

    GIG Love
    Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really the lace dress! Prefect for festival and still feel comfortable at the same time! =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fatemah Sajwani20 April 2015 at 07:36

    I love the lace dress and the blue statement necklace. It would look amazing together.
    <a href="http://whatfatemahsays.com>Fatemah Sajwani | What Fatemah Says </a >

    ReplyDelete
  20. super love the bardot top!!!the lace and colour so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Khushboo Motihar20 April 2015 at 15:37

    The floppy hat and sunglasses look pretty. Thanks for sharing these essentials :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We don't have Coachella but we have a few festivals in Africa at the moment only that it's winter time right now...but great post lady.. Kimonos and floppy are my favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lace dresses are my ultimo favourite and omg! that blue neck piece rocks !

    GIG Love,
    http://greenstoryblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. that poncho is amazing! i would wear it at work just for a laugh and run around the office in it haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. The lace shift dress is really pretty. I love flowy, lacy dresses. So feminine. <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. My top pick would be the lace shift dress. I wish to spot one in malls asap!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Heena Shah-Dhedhi21 April 2015 at 15:02

    That sure is a great fashion essentials list. I'd for sure add a leather jacket to it. Giglove.
    - Heena, http://www.icynosure.in/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wish the weather was still as great, don't know where it's all gone haha x

    ReplyDelete
  29. THank you Gabrielle! I really need to get myself one as well :p x

    ReplyDelete
  30. So true, and I know you'll look incredible how ever you style it! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. haha it's always the practical things we tend to forget :p x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I take my hats off to those who can wear heels, I just don't know how they do it! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. haha i think i'd lose him if he went to the festival:p oh dear i didn't realise flats hurt you! Take care lovelyy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much, that's so very kind! x

    ReplyDelete
  35. yes baby wipes are a must, I should have put that on the list ;p x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you very much, I really appreicate it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Definitely and you won't be too hot in it as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  38. heh keeping up with my cinderella blue love :p x

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's lovely isn't it, love how these trends are coming back :) x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you so much! I still need to get myself a floppy hat hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  41. isn't it hilarious? There really are some funny designs ;p x

    ReplyDelete
  42. They're perfect for the summer as well hehe x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...