Monday 6 July 2015

Monochrome Double Layered Dress | Outfit Inspiration #29

Boo!

Did you have a good weekend? I can't believe it's July already! Have you guys been watching Wimbledon or enjoying the lovely weather? Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post (HERE). I am glad to have been able to introduce you to some fun opera :) Anyway, this week I am sharing another outfit post with one of my new favourite things, double layered dresses!

Monochrome Black and White Double Layered Dress  - Life as a Petite (lifeasapetite)Monochrome Black and White Double Layered Dress - Petite Outfit Idea - Life as a Petite (lifeasapetite)Monochrome Black and White Double Layered Dress - Petite Outfit Idea - Life as a Petite (lifeasapetite)
Monochrome Black and White Double Layered Cut Out Dress - Petite Outfit Idea - Life as a Petite (lifeasapetite)
Monochrome Black and White Crop Top Double Layered Cut Out Dress - Petite Outfit Idea - Life as a Petite (lifeasapetite)
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that I am a lover of simple pieces. Those that already speak for themselves and do not require much, if not anything, additional. This is not only because I believe that less is more, but also because I am quite hopeless at accessorising, and this dress is definitely a reflection of my style.

The pattern here is enough to give this dress the attention it deserves and doesn't require any extra accessorising at all. I usually shy away from patterned pieces as I find that they usually look quite unflattering on me. For some reason, however, I really like this patterned dress! Maybe because it is quite simplistic, or maybe because I am a huge fan of the monochromatic look. Either way, I love this new addition to my wardrobe! 

Monochrome Black and White Crop Top Double Layered Cut Out Dress - Petite Outfit Idea - Life as a Petite (lifeasapetite)

From my last outfit post (HERE) it is probably quite evident that I do love a bit of layering, so it is no surprise that I love double layered dresses. Because of the t-shirt crop top, I find this kind of dress very flattering and also gives the illusion of a slimmer waistline. I also love one pieces like this because you don't have to rack your brain trying to figure out what top will go with what skirt/trousers. So basically this a pretty stress free yet stylish outfit! 

I actually managed to snap this dress up for £9.99 from Shelikes on Ebay (I will link it below). What a bargain! The material is not too thick or too thin, meaning it is perfect for the hot weather we have been having lately. If there is one thing I wish this dress had, it would be a cut out back. I just love pieces with a cut out detailing as I think it is such a subtle way in showing some skin without being too revealing. But for the price and how gorgeous this dress is, it is only a very small point! 

As there was already so much going on with the dress I just paired it with my favourite ankle strap heels (also featured in my Tulle Outfit HERE), and a black clutch. If you wanted to glam this look up a bit more, some sparkly heels, or a sparkly clutch would go amazingly well too! 

***
Outfit Details:
Dress: Shelikes // HERE or Ebay
Shoes: Matalan
***
Are you a fan of double layered dresses? I hope you all have a fantastic week ahead, and have a chance to enjoy the gorgeous weather! 

Take care and speak soon!

You can also find me: Bloglovin' || Twitter || Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook

83 comments:

  1. Mellissa Williams6 July 2015 at 13:10

    The dress fits you perfectly and looks great. Fantastic price too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhian Westbury6 July 2015 at 13:55

    This is such a nice dress, definitely going to grab myself one of these! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love this! I need a good dress for a wedding soon and feel like this is a very good option...! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks amazing! I'm forever lusting after clothes in the petite section!

    H x

    Along
    Came Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I love when monochrome dresses are paired with brightly coloured shoes, nothing beats a classic pair of black heels - lovely styling! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely gorgeous dress, I love how it is double layered xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful dress and looks great on you, less is more indeed

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is such a bargain and really cute. I also think that less is more. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    Jasmine ♥
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  9. anubhooti khanna8 July 2015 at 08:46

    The dress is so nice! and you heels too <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! A good price always makes something that little bit more attractive hahaa :p x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Rhian! I hope you love it as much as I do if you do end up buying it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so true! Definitely have avoid grass in these kind of heels though, stiletto and suede don't go too well with mud/grass :p x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Holly! I know the feeling, although I wish that stores did more petite things :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had the courage to pair these kind of outfits with bright colour shoes actually, but after seeing that gorgeous blue dress you were in, I think a colbalt blue would make quite an interesting pairing, or even a red! :p Thank you for the lovely comment as always :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! It's just so much simplier than having to worry about an entire outfit, but then again making pairings can be fun as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much miranda, I really appreciate it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're very welcome Jasmine :) Thank you! You know I love a good bargain hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely dress and for a such an inexpensive price tag! Amazing!

    Cherry On Top

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isa you look stunning in this gorgeous dress! This is such a beautifully chic and elegant look! Classy and timeless. Awesome heels, too.
    kisses and cuddles
    Lenya

    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this dress!! What a great deal you got on it. :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm loving this dress! I agree--this is definitely a showstopping dress and that pattern is so lovely.
    I can't believe you scored that for such an inexpensive price! Congrats on the steal ;)

    xo,

    Kelly

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This dress looks really pretty and i loved your shoes as well :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  23. Monochrome is my fav but more than a dress I love your shoes <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. the outfit really fit on you perfectly.
    and i really like the color and the pattern.
    so beautiful on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love dresses like these! i only own one but need more. knowing my luck, i would get things caught on that crochet details lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. HOW DO YOU ALWAYS LOOK SO FAB IN YOUR OUTFITS?! been trying to find a nice double layered dress like this here, but it is so hardddd

    http://popiahc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE that monochrome set! The simple pairing with the black heel is absolutely stunning

    New Post - Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  28. love this outfit idea! and the dress is trendy and cute! I never tried monochrome though!

    do drop by... GreenStory
    Join me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  29. The dress is so cute and looks comfortable too!! I love the design on the dress =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. i feel that patterned outfit looks unflattering too! but i guess it boils down to what kind of pattern for what kind of body shape? the outfit looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fatemah Sajwani13 July 2015 at 19:04

    the price for this dress is just amazing. I am glad you love it as the lace detailing is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a gorgeous dress. I love the pattern, and a great price!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beauty_Blogette14 July 2015 at 02:28

    This is a really pretty dress and it looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a stunning outfit! Love the patterns a lot and those heels are just on point. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  35. A cute little dress. I'd have paired it with black sling back, covered black heels for the office :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Heena Shah-Dhedhi14 July 2015 at 17:01

    You paid that price... Thats a steal and its super cute as well.
    - Heena, www.icynosure.in

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is absolutely gorgeous - I love the look!!! :)


    Layla xx


    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome dress! I host a fashion link up every week and I'd love you to stop by and join in :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, what a GORGEOUS dress! Patterned dresses are always good to invest in. <3 It suits you so well!

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE: A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a good price, love the double layer and detail on the back of the dress. Very nice indeed!|

    ReplyDelete
  41. the dress looks lovely hun, wish i could wear dresses like this x

    ReplyDelete
  42. The dress is so nice and it suits you! Also, I love your shoes! x

    ReplyDelete
  43. As others have said, I think for the price you paid that dress really is an absolute bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  44. That dress is so pretty, and what a bargain. Great outfit choice.
    http://fashionandstylepolice.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you so much Stella! I'm such a sucker for a good bargain :p x

    ReplyDelete
  46. I know right! It's crazy what gems you can find on ebay (that has good quality as well!) x

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm sure you would look gorgeous in this! I think the double layered effect is flattering on everyone :) x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you gemma, it really was such a barain x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you! They really are, especially if you're having a 'non-creative' day :p x

    ReplyDelete
  50. Ooh thank you for sending me the link, I will definitely link up on my next fashion post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  51. I know haha it's unbelievable isn;t it:p x

    ReplyDelete
  52. Ooh that's an idea, although I'm not sure whether I'd get away with this in an office environment :( x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you Emma! There's always something about a bargain which makes something seem so much better :p x

    ReplyDelete
  54. I think that's very true, I think monochrome patterns can be a safe bet :) Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  55. It was really comfortable and doesn't really ride up! x

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you so much, I bought those heels quite a while a go and still can't get over how gorgeous they are x

    ReplyDelete
  57. I know right, the price tag really is such a steal! x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thank you so much lenya, you're always so sweet with your comments! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thank you! I know i really could not believe my luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you so much! And for passing by my blog !x

    ReplyDelete
  61. Thank you so much Sana! You can never go wrong with monochrome or some black heels hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thank you so much Marie, it really means a lot x

    ReplyDelete
  63. Haha I know thankfully (and touch wood) I haven't had that problem so far x

    ReplyDelete
  64. aww that's so sweet of you to say, you really are too kind! I would definitely go on ebay and have a little browse, if not the perfect one will come your way soon I'm sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  65. Thank you so much! Keeping things simple is so easy but so effecive !x

    ReplyDelete
  66. Have a go at the monochrome look, it's super simple but so classy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  67. Lovely black and white. I am currently in love with monochrome outfit as well :)

    xx
    http://crunchycheeseme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  68. Len Dela Peña Parent21 July 2015 at 16:38

    GORGEOUS DRESS!
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. sweetsimpleday21 July 2015 at 19:34

    Sooo beautiful~~ love the pattern and how it fits on u. Xo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. wow such a great Dress

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Dubai, Miami, South Africa...

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love that dress a lot, dear! It looks lovely on you. The layering is really flattering, great pick! :)
    -xoxo
    Angel from With Love Lily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  72. aww thank you so much! It really is such a hit and miss especially with ordering online. Thank goodness this size was just right! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...